I’ve been tinkering with the idea of getting some help in for a while now, and I think my end of year lists finally made the decision for me. There were so many great releases last year that I didn’t get around to reviewing, and the whole idea behind the blog is to promote music I love, so I am looking for some like-minded people to help me with some of the reviewing duties.
I’m basically looking for people with a passion for grassroots Scottish music who are keen to share that on the website. I’m not expecting a big commitment, and would be happy for folk to take on releases as and when something on the review list strikes them.
The Favourite Son website is getting a makeover very soon and it would be great to have some new voices to share in some shinier surroundings.
I can’t unfortunately pay anyone who writes for the site, but if you get involved you can expect:
- advanced copies of new releases
- gig tickets
- a link on the blog main page to your own website
- beer and Maoam’s
If you fancy writing some reviews for the site then please get in touch at:
it would also be great if you could:
- let me know a bit about yourself, i.e. who you are, what music you are into, etc
- how often you would be keen to contribute (this is very flexible)
- links to any previous work would be great, but first time writers are more than welcome (I’m hardly a fucking journalist)